Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Kulula analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Kulula SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Kulula to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Kulula is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Kulula competitors and includes Kulula target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Making 'the complete travel experience' affordable
First low-cost, privately owned airline in South Africa
People in south Africa who want to fly by air at an affordable rate
Kulula Target Market
Middle class and lower middle class
No –frill Airlines
Kulula SWOT Analysis
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Kulula:
1. Kulula is a trading name for Comair ltd which has shown good growth in South Africa and which has extended its franchise agreement with British Airways for a further 11 years
2.Backing of British Airways will help in imparting world class services
3.High brand equity in South Africa as ComAir have been operating successfully for more than six decades with an internationally recognized safety record
Here are the weaknesses in the Kulula SWOT Analysis:
1. Financial and operational results for kulula.com are not separately disclosed, but are fully incorporated within the annual results for Comair Limited
2. No global operations
3.Cost structure due to increasing labour and maintenance costs
4. Forced by FIFA during the world cup to stop a campaign describing itself as the "Unofficial National Carrier of the You-Know-What”
Following are the Opportunities in Kulula SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing aviation industry is an opportunity as more people are using airlines for travelling now 2.Can enter into the international market by offering services outside South Africa.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Kulula are as mentioned:
1. Political turmoil in many countries in Africa and rest of the world 2.Lack of adequate manpower in Africa
3.Decreases Across the South African domestic market passenger numbers are down 5% from 2012 due to increase in Airfare costs
4. Volatility in crude oil costs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kulula. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute