Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Jet2.com Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Jet2.com Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jet2.com Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Jet2.com Limited is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the Jet2.com Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Jet2.com Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jet2.com Limited:
1. Unlike other low-cost carriers, Jet2 tickets can be booked via travel agentsas well as over the internet and by telephone.
2.Has diversified services and offers package holidays which combine hotel accommodation and transfers with Jet2 flights
3. Jet2.com’s parent company, Dart Group PLC, has a prestigious legacy that stretches back more than 40 years, and hence enjoys high brand equity and experience in the aviation field
4. Awarded "Best Short Haul Airline" at the Globe Travel Award. Voted for by travel industry professionals
5. Over 3000 employees are a part of the airline
Jet2.com Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Jet2.com Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Extremely competitive market
2. Limited global operations compared to some leading global airlines
3.Cost structure due to increasing labour and maintenance costs
Jet2.com Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Jet2.com Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing aviation industry is an opportunity as more people are using airlines for travelling now 2. The company holds a United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority Type A Operating Licence to carry passengers, cargo and mail on aircraft with 20 or more seats and can expand into the cargo market
Jet2.com Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jet2.com Limited are as mentioned:
1. Negative publicity for the way it chooses to hide the final price of flights
2. Airline's website also forces UK customers abroad making return journeys to the UK to book in a foreign currency or face a penal exchange rate which can deter passengers from using the airlines
3. Volatility in crude oil costs
Jet2.com Limited Competition
Below are the top 2 Jet2.com Limited competitors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jet2.com Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute