Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dodge analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dodge SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dodge to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dodge is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Dodge SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Dodge SWOT Analysis:
For Dodge, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Dodge looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dodge :
1. Technological support from the parent company (Fiat) 2. Strong brand equity globally except for Europe
3. Recent “Make your Crossover SUV, minivan & so on” option provided by them is very unique
4. Products like the Dodge Ram, Challenger, Charger, have strong fan following across the globe
5. The brand has its presence in Middle-East, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe and Mexico
6. It has brands like Avenger, Caliber, Challenger, Charger, Dart, Durango, Journey and Grand Caravan
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dodge SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has declining brand popularity and brand recall due to less advertising
2. Limited acceptance in markets other than the American & Gulf countries
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dodge SWOT Analysis:
1. Currently there is a rising trend for environmental friendly cars; there lies an opportunity for luxury brands as well 2. Look for newer markets like the Asian markets but with smaller engines
3. Innovation in terms of technology: esp for more fuel efficient cars
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dodge are as mentioned:
1. Removal protectionists trade policies which existed until 1970s & brought again post 2008 crisis 2. Unwillingness of people to buy a vehicle which lacks fuel efficiency
3. The increasing acceptance of Japanese & Korean cars esp in American market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Dodge:
Never neutral; An American revolution; Grab life by the horns; Grab life
High Horsepower & high torque
Premium SUVs & Sports/Muscle cars
People who like true American SUVs & Muscle cars
True American SUV for the rugged men
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dodge. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute