Dodge SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Dodge, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Dodge is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector. The article below lists the Dodge SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Dodge looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dodge :
1. Technological support from the parent company (Fiat)
2. Strong brand equity globally except for Europe
3. Recent “Make your Crossover SUV, minivan & so on” option provided by them is very unique
4. Products like the Dodge Ram, Challenger, Charger, have strong fan following across the globe
5. The brand has its presence in Middle-East, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe and Mexico
6. It has brands like Avenger, Caliber, Challenger, Charger, Dart, Durango, Journey and Grand Caravan
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Dodge SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has declining brand popularity and brand recall due to less advertising
2. Limited acceptance in markets other than the American & Gulf countries
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Dodge SWOT Analysis:
1. Currently there is a rising trend for environmental friendly cars; there lies an opportunity for luxury brands as well
2. Look for newer markets like the Asian markets but with smaller engines
3. Innovation in terms of technology: esp for more fuel efficient cars
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dodge are as mentioned:
1. Removal protectionists trade policies which existed until 1970s & brought again post 2008 crisis
2. Unwillingness of people to buy a vehicle which lacks fuel efficiency
3. The increasing acceptance of Japanese & Korean cars esp in American market
Hence this concludes the Dodge SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
SUVs & Sports/Muscle Cars
Never neutral; An American revolution; Grab life by the horns; Grab life
High Horsepower & high torque
Premium SUVs & Sports/Muscle cars
People who like true American SUVs & Muscle cars
True American SUV for the rugged men
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dodge. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us