Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mini Cooper analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mini Cooper SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mini Cooper to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mini Cooper is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Mini Cooper SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Mini Cooper SWOT Analysis:
For Mini Cooper, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Mini Cooper Strengths
The strengths of Mini Cooper looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mini Cooper :
1. Among the first cars to have front wheel drive system to make 80% of floor pan available for passengers & luggage 2. World Rally Championship winner with its Mini Cooper & Mini Cooper S models 3. Iconic design & image in the minds of customers 4. It is an iconic brand with recognition across the world
5. Has aspirational value as well which assures an ever growing customer base
6. It is also known for its easy drivability which is compared to that of a go-kart
7. It has its own niche market which cannot be captured by any major manufacturers
8. Multiple customizable options available
Mini Cooper Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Mini Cooper SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global reach of Mini is a drawback
2. Strong competition in the compact car segment has declined its market share as well as unique appeal
Mini Cooper Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Mini Cooper SWOT Analysis:
1. There is opportunity to highlight the diversity & originality of the brand 2.The Mini is diverse in design, function, and personality, which allows something for everyone, this fact needs to be highlighted 3.Educate the people about the benefits of owning the Mini
4. Undertake activities that will enhance the word of mouth publicity by improving the ownership experience of the existing owners
Mini Cooper Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mini Cooper are as mentioned:
1. There is a fear that the design & styling lead to a belief that the Mini is only for a certain group of people thus keeping a large group of people away from the experience 2.Due to the current branding & positioning the people who own the Mini as also stereo-typed thus lowering the image in minds of potential customers
Hence this concludes the Mini Cooper SWOT analysis.
It is an iconic brand with recognition across the world
Mini Cooper STP
People looking for compact small cars specially women
People looking for fun adventure & mobility with ease of driving
British iconic brand with classic styling
Mini Cooper Competitors
1. Volkswagen Beetle
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mini Cooper. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute