Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Metro Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Metro Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Metro Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Metro Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Metro Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Metro Bank SWOT Analysis:
For Metro Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Metro Bank Strengths
The strengths of Metro Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Metro Bank :
1. Growth is high. It has increased its account holders 2. At the flagship Holborn store, $200 million in deposits which is four times the total at the average mature American branch: Liquidity risk is less comparatively 3. Inclusion of variety of non-traditional services like pet friendly policy at stores and coin counting machines 4. Many awards have been won in three years which creates credibility in the market
5. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by both the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority
Metro Bank Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Metro Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Opened recently and hence consumers may be skeptical about the same 2. Recording losses in PBT. Since its launch, loss has exceeded 100 million pound in three years 3. Difficulty in raising funds from notable investors
Metro Bank Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Metro Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Its unique position as being the first High street bank can be leveraged 2. The non-traditional products can be incentivized and the untapped market of it can be explored 3. Online platform Metro bank More can boost its growth due to increasing internet penetration
Metro Bank Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Metro Bank are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competitors activity can reduce its market share
2. Fluctuating economic scenarios and unfavorable banking environment
Metro Bank Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Metro Bank:
1.Lloyd’s Bank 2. RBS 3.Church House Trust
Hence this concludes the Metro Bank SWOT analysis.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Metro Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute