Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Absa Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Absa Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Absa Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Absa Group is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Absa Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Absa Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A one-stop bank with dedicated services in South Africa especially
Absa Group STP
Retail, business, corporate and investment banking and wealth management products and services
Range of services primarily in South Africa and Nambia
One Stop Bank in Africa
SWOT Analysis of Absa Group
Absa Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Absa Group:
1. Have received many awards like being rated as no. 1 banking brand in SA and as the coolest banking brand in SA for consecutive years 2. The bank recorded an increase in profit showing its strong financial position 3.The appointment of Maria Ramos as the Group Chief Executive. She is South Africa’s most successful and highly regarded businesswomen 4. The Group’s key focus within Corporate Social Investment (CSI) to improve lives of unprivileged South Africans.
5. Offers banking services to all kinds of customers in South Africa
Absa Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Absa Group SWOT Analysis:
1. It is regarded as the most expensive bank in South Africa by the people there 2. With the increase in Barclays’ stake in Absa Group, the individuality of the bank is decreasing. 3.Headline earning was decreased for personal loans and retail bank which was a concern
Absa Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Absa Group SWOT Analysis:
1. The merger of Absa Bank with Barclays African Operations last year 2.Their shared goal of becoming the “go-to” bank in Africa
3. Expand to European and Asian markets
Absa Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Absa Group are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competitor activity can cause brand to lose market share 2.The different working conditions and environment of Barclay Group and Absa Group needs to be taken care of
3. Different regulations for international banks can cause operational inefficiency
Absa Group Competition
Absa Group Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Absa Group:
1.Standard Bank Group 2.FirstRand Bank Group 3.Nedbank
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Absa Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute