Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Oaktree Capital analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Oaktree Capital SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Oaktree Capital to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Oaktree Capital is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Oaktree Capital SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Oaktree Capital competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Value oriented investment with margin of safety which specializes in distressed debt
Investors seeking low risk investment options
Global pension plans, endowments, sovereign wealth funds and primary state retirement plans
A company with a mission to deliver superior investment results with a control over risks.
1. It emphasizes on senior debt in companies. 2. Present in 13 cities worldwide. 3. Leading global alternative investment management firm. 4. They diversify into 6 categories – distressed debt, corporate debt, control investing, convertible securities, real estate and listed equities.
5. They target markets with potential for high returns and in alignment with the philosophy of risk control of the company.
6. High expertise in the area.
1. Being an alternative investment firm, it needs to pay majority of its earnings as dividends. 2. Susceptible to financial market breakdown.
1. Control investing by investing in struggling companies and helping them to grow. 2. With the incomes on the rise, people are seeking more investment opportunities. 3. Expansion to new markets.
1. Very high dependence on the state of the economy. 2. High competition 3. Heavily dependent on performance.
1. Kps Capital Partners, LP 2. Equity Group Investments, L.L.C. 3. Angelo, Gordon & Co.,L.P.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oaktree Capital. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute