Franklin Templeton Investments SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Franklin Templeton Investments analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Franklin Templeton Investments SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Franklin Templeton Investments to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Franklin Templeton Investments is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Franklin Templeton Investments SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Franklin Templeton Investments SWOT Analysis:
For Franklin Templeton Investments, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Franklin Templeton Investments Strengths
The strengths of Franklin Templeton Investments looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Franklin Templeton Investments :
1. Huge array of offerings: investment solutions for U.S. investors including mutual funds, retirement savings vehicles and over 500 college savings plans. 2. History of robust business and growth 3. Reputed brand image Ranked amongst top 10 securities companies 4. Specializes in conservatively managed mutual funds 5. Sponsorships of sports events globally 6. A pioneer in global investing with clients in 150+ countries
Franklin Templeton Investments Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Franklin Templeton Investments SWOT Analysis:
1. Internal contingency may arise due to high dependency over brokers/dealers and investment advisors. 2. Liquity pressure on company due to high fixed income.
3. Business concentrated across US increases firm’s dependency on US market.
Franklin Templeton Investments Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Franklin Templeton Investments SWOT Analysis:
1. Scope of market expansion: increasing offerings to customers. 2. Growth through mergers and acquisitions: Partnering/investing in foreign market to diversify on global scale. 3.Rising demand for international stock in US between 2008 and 2011
Franklin Templeton Investments Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Franklin Templeton Investments are as mentioned:
1. Can be adversely impacted by new rules and laws: A change in law can put pressure on profit margins, leading to change in company policy which might have cascading repercussions. 2. Financial consolidation might lead to units being merged. 3. Increasing competition: Competition from peers and new entrants in the industry.
Franklin Templeton Investments Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Franklin Templeton Investments:
Multiple world-class investment management groups – Franklin, Templeton and Mutual Series
Franklin Templeton Investments STP
Individuals, institutions, trusts, partnerships and other clients looking for financial service to manage their funds
Rich individuals, institutions and partnerships
Pioneer in global investing
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Franklin Templeton Investments. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute