Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Investec Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Investec Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Investec Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Investec Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Investec Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Investec Bank SWOT Analysis:
For Investec Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Investec Bank Strengths
The strengths of Investec Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Investec Bank :
1. Global presence through acquisitions and investments in growing business avenues. 2. Strong commitment by borrowers in South African financial market helps the company to have easy lending. 3. The asset management has witnessed a consistent organic growth since inception
4. Wide range of capabilities to have flexibility in offering array of client range solutions 5. Operates primarily in South Africa, the United Kingdom, Australia and Ireland through over 0ver 6000 employees globally
Investec Bank Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Investec Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of presence on emerging economies 2. Dependence on only a few countries for its operations is risky during fluctuating financial scenarios
Investec Bank Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Investec Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Scope of growth through launch new offerings(for example Investec GSF Contrarian Equity Fund, FT). 2. Growth in the pension funds industry can bring business to the organization.
Investec Bank Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Investec Bank are as mentioned:
1. Volatilty in bond and equity market. 2. Looming economic crisis in Europe. 3.Attrition of experienced leaders from the organization
Investec Bank Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Investec Bank:
Strong brand image through sponsorships in various sports such as rugby, horse racing, football and other activities.
Investec Bank STP
Enterprises and investors
Small enterprise looking for leasing and individual investors
Asset management and micro lending firm
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Investec Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute