London Stock Exchange SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of London Stock Exchange analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In London Stock Exchange SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like London Stock Exchange to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. London Stock Exchange is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the London Stock Exchange SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the London Stock Exchange SWOT Analysis:
For London Stock Exchange, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
London Stock Exchange Strengths
The strengths of London Stock Exchange looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of London Stock Exchange :
1. Strong history since its inception in 1801 2. Robust technology: Offer participants with real time services 3. Expanding marketing leadership from England to Europe by series of mergers an acquisitions(such as Borsa Italiana, MTS, Turquoise) 4. A huge market capitalization makes it one of the top five stock exchanges in the world
5. 2,900+ companies from over 60 countries listed on exchange.
6. Over 400 firms, mainly investment banks and stockbrokers, are members of the London Stock Exchange.
7. Offers wider array of financial instrument to investors
London Stock Exchange Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the London Stock Exchange SWOT Analysis:
1. Directly coupled with the economy of Europe, thus attracting higher risk. 2. A small technical glitch can have a major impact on the finance of the nation. 3.Large institution need lots of manpower and manual intervention to sustain the business model
London Stock Exchange Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in London Stock Exchange SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth by expanding participating companies 2. Diversification of risk at global scale through strategic expansion
London Stock Exchange Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of London Stock Exchange are as mentioned:
1. Threat of competitors: Attempts of failed takeovers in past cannot rule out the possibility of takeover. 2. Highly impacted by regulatory and legal changes due to cascading effect of financial market performance.
London Stock Exchange Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of London Stock Exchange:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to London Stock Exchange. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute