CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of CIMB Group Holdings analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like CIMB Group Holdings to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. CIMB Group Holdings is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top CIMB Group Holdings competitors and includes CIMB Group Holdings target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Regional universal bank operating in growing ASEAN economies
CIMB Group Holdings STP
CIMB Group Holdings Segmentation
CIMB Group Holdings Target Market
CIMB Group Holdings Positioning
To be Southeast Asia’s Most Valued Universal Bank
CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis
CIMB Group Holdings Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of CIMB Group Holdings:
1. Malaysia’s second largest financial services provider and one of Southeast Asia’s leading universal banking groups 2. Large customer base of about 7 million customers in over 14 countries 3. CIMB Group has the widest retail branch network across the ASEAN region 4. With over 40,000 employees, CIMB Group reaches 83% of the ASEAN population, representing 89% of the region’s gross domestic product
5. It operates across ASEAN under several corporate entities
CIMB Group Holdings Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from international banks means limited market growth
2. Presence restricted to South East Asian nations only.
CIMB Group Holdings Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to acquire customers outside ASEAN. 2. Products to help small scale entrepreneurs. 3. New organization structure & training programmes for employees.
4. Optimization of the existing franchise and improvement in areas such as SME banking and cross-selling.
CIMB Group Holdings Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of CIMB Group Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Natural disasters, i.e, Tsunami and Earthquakes. 2. Business income comes from ASEAN region, so any adverse situation in politics or financial markets can lead to huge losses. 3. Global slowdown.
CIMB Group Holdings Competition
Below are the top 3 CIMB Group Holdings competitors:
1. AMMB Holdings Berhad 2. DBS group holdings Ltd 3. Edaran Otomobil Nasional Berhad
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to CIMB Group Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute