CIMB Group Holdings SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of CIMB Group Holdings, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like CIMB Group Holdings to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. CIMB Group Holdings is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the CIMB Group Holdings SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For CIMB Group Holdings, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of CIMB Group Holdings looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of CIMB Group Holdings :
1. Malaysia’s second largest financial services provider and one of Southeast Asia’s leading universal banking groups
2. Large customer base of about 7 million customers in over 14 countries
3. CIMB Group has the widest retail branch network across the ASEAN region
4. With over 40,000 employees, CIMB Group reaches 83% of the ASEAN population, representing 89% of the region’s gross domestic product
5. It operates across ASEAN under several corporate entities
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from international banks means limited market growth
2. Presence restricted to South East Asian nations only.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in CIMB Group Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to acquire customers outside ASEAN.
2. Products to help small scale entrepreneurs.
3. New organization structure & training programmes for employees.
4. Optimization of the existing franchise and improvement in areas such as SME banking and cross-selling.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of CIMB Group Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Natural disasters, i.e, Tsunami and Earthquakes.
2. Business income comes from ASEAN region, so any adverse situation in politics or financial markets can lead to huge losses.
3. Global slowdown.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of CIMB Group Holdings:
1. AMMB Holdings Berhad
2. DBS group holdings Ltd
3. Edaran Otomobil Nasional Berhad
Hence this concludes the CIMB Group Holdings SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|CIMB Group Holdings Overview|
CIMB Group Holdings Berhad (CGHB)
Banking & Asset Management
Forward Banking; ASEAN for you
Regional universal bank operating in growing ASEAN economies
|CIMB Group Holdings STP|
To be Southeast Asia’s Most Valued Universal Bank
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to CIMB Group Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us