Public Bank SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Public Bank, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Public Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Public Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Public Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Public Bank SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Public Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Public Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Public Bank :
1. One of the top 3 banking group in Malaysia by asset size
2. Public Bank Group serves the financial needs of over eight million customers from all walks of life in Malaysia and in other countries in which the Group operates
3. Unbroken profit track record of the Group
4. Leader in residential mortgages, passenger vehicle financing and commercial property financing in Malaysia
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Public Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Only a regional player and limited global presence
2. Need more branches as the reach is scarce compared to leading banks
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Public Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Overseas Operations and collaborations
2. Business diversifications like Insurance and Mutual funds
3. New business specific products for Small and medium scale enterprises
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Public Bank are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition in home mortgages will inevitably result in some compression of the net interest margin
2. Sovereign Debt crisis in the Euro Zone
3. Higher capital requirements under Basel III
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Public Bank:
1. AMMB Holdings Berhad
2. Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad
3. Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Berhad
Hence this concludes the Public Bank SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Public Bank Overview|
Excellence & beyond
A customer caring bank
|Public Bank STP|
Home Loans, Auto Loans and SMEs
To sustain the position of being the most efficient, profitable and respected premier financial institution in Malaysia.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Public Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us