Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Public Bank analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Public Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Public Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Public Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Public Bank competitors and includes Public Bank target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Public Bank SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
To sustain the position of being the most efficient, profitable and respected premier financial institution in Malaysia.
Public Bank SWOT Analysis
Public Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Public Bank:
1. One of the top 3 banking group in Malaysia by asset size 2. Public Bank Group serves the financial needs of over eight million customers from all walks of life in Malaysia and in other countries in which the Group operates 3. Unbroken profit track record of the Group 4. Leader in residential mortgages, passenger vehicle financing and commercial property financing in Malaysia
Public Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Public Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Only a regional player and limited global presence 2. Need more branches as the reach is scarce compared to leading banks
Public Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Public Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Overseas Operations and collaborations 2. Business diversifications like Insurance and Mutual funds 3. New business specific products for Small and medium scale enterprises
Public Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Public Bank are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition in home mortgages will inevitably result in some compression of the net interest margin 2. Sovereign Debt crisis in the Euro Zone 3. Higher capital requirements under Basel III
Public Bank Competition
Below are the top 3 Public Bank competitors:
1. AMMB Holdings Berhad 2. Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad 3. Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Berhad
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Public Bank. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the Brand or Add a New One : Contribute to BrandGuide