Progressive Insurance SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Progressive Insurance, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Progressive Insurance to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Progressive Insurance is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Progressive Insurance SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Progressive Insurance SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Progressive Insurance, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Progressive Insurance looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Progressive Insurance :
1. Increasing customer acceptance in the sector is generating market share
2. The distribution channel is very strong
3. Innovative ways of reaching and serving consumers increases customer satisfaction
4. They have strong liquidity and capital position
5. Strong workforce of over 25,000 employees
6. Uniqueness in insuring cars, motorbikes, boats
7. Sponsorship of various events has enhanced its brand image
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Progressive Insurance SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on few geographies limits their strengths and it has had its share of controversies
2. Operation expenses are impacting their profit margin
3. Cannot easily scale to compete with large players
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Progressive Insurance SWOT Analysis:
1. Passage of five-year NFIP reauthorization
2. Australian non-life insurance market is growing
3. New technology like mobile technology creates possibilities in up-scaling the value chain
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Progressive Insurance are as mentioned:
1. Tough competitive position
2. Increasing insurance frauds can increase their claim losses
3. Increased incidence of natural disasters testing claims paying capability
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Progressive Insurance:
1. 21st Century Holding Company
4. GMAC Insurance Holdings Inc.
5. Liberty Mutual Insurance Companies
Hence this concludes the Progressive Insurance SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Progressive Insurance Overview|
Making the world a little more progressive
It is one of the best provider in the auto insurance segment for autos, vans, and pick-up trucks used by small businesses
|Progressive Insurance STP|
Personal lines, commercial auto, other-indemnity and service business.
Provision of personal and commercial automobile insurance, and specialty property-casualty insurance and other related services in the US, and Australia
They provide their customers with great rates, superior online and in-person customer service, and innovative, 24/7 claims service. Also positioned a s the company with many offerings in terms of product
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Progressive Insurance. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us