Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of AIB Allied Irish Banks analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In AIB Allied Irish Banks SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AIB Allied Irish Banks to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. AIB Allied Irish Banks is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the AIB Allied Irish Banks SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top AIB Allied Irish Banks competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Segmentation is based on the type of customer: personal segment, business segment and the wealth management segment.
Targets the SME segment
One of Ireland’s largest financial institution
SWOT Analysis of AIB Allied Irish Banks
AIB Allied Irish Banks Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AIB Allied Irish Banks:
1. As AIB has a significant importance in the Ireland financial services sector, the government ensures its well-being.
2. With the change of management, the new management has been successful in attracting high quality individuals through rigorous selection and it currently employs about 14000 people.
3. Its overseas presence is significantly higher than its domestic competitors and it has also performed greater international activities than its competitors.
4. It is recognised as the Big four Irish financial institutions
5. Its services include home, travel and health insurance alongwith retirement solutions
AIB Allied Irish Banks Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the AIB Allied Irish Banks SWOT Analysis:
1. AIB has been recording increasing loan losses since the onset of subprime crisis as the credit quality has been deteriorating across various portfolios.
2. The group’s risk management activities are not so successful.
The group is not free from the credit risks with respect to customers and counterparties which could adversely affect the Group’s results, financial condition and further prospects.
AIB Allied Irish Banks Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in AIB Allied Irish Banks SWOT Analysis:
1. It should involve in deleveraging process which would reduce its dependence on monetary authority funding and bring back the loan-to-deposit ratio within the specified limits.
2. As customers are moving towards mobile banking, it should provide more apps for Android and IOS devices.
3. AIB provides services such as Global Treasury, Corporate Banking and Investment Banking and a positive investment climate in the asset management industry would increase the revenues in these sectors.
AIB Allied Irish Banks Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AIB Allied Irish Banks are as mentioned:
1. Deterioration in the Irish sovereign ratings reduces the government support to AIB.
2. There is prevalence of systematic risk in the Irish banking sector which reduces the investment climate.
3. Its participation in the National Asset Management Agency (“NAMA”) programme gives rise to certain residual financial risks.
AIB Allied Irish Banks Competition
AIB Allied Irish Banks Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of AIB Allied Irish Banks:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AIB Allied Irish Banks. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute