Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aegon analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aegon SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aegon to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aegon is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Aegon SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Aegon SWOT Analysis:
For Aegon, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Aegon looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aegon :
1. The company has a global presence with strong market position in key markets.
2. The company maintains multiple distribution channels to sell its products and hence is exposed to a reduced distribution risk.
3. The company’s strong and increasing capital strength has made it resilient to the market developments with a strong balance sheet.
4. It has expertise in life insurance, asset management and pension
5. Nearly 24000 employees are a part of the workforce
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Aegon SWOT Analysis:
1. The group has significant exposure to risky sovereign debt related to European countries.
2. The company is highly dependent on the American market for generating its profits.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Aegon SWOT Analysis:
1. The ageing population in the American market poses a huge opportunity for the retirement market.
2. The company finds great opportunity in the Chinese and Indian insurance market.
3. The company has been focusing on its core businesses in order to avoid any fluctuations in the financial markets affecting it.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aegon are as mentioned:
1. The subprime crisis has resulted in a low policy interest rate environment.
2. There is going to be a likely increase in competition for capital for the company due to Solvency II adoption.
3. There is an increase in strictness in the regulatory compliance and complexity in the US market leading to increase in costs.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Aegon:
A company that provides long term financial security to people’s lives
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aegon. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute