Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Banco BPI analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Banco BPI SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Banco BPI to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Banco BPI is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Banco BPI SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Banco BPI competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the largest private financial group in terms of assets in Portugal
Banco BPI STP
Segmentation is based on the type of customer: personal segment and the corporate segment.
Individuals and companies seeking financial services
Leader in corporate banking industry
SWOT Analysis of Banco BPI
Banco BPI Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Banco BPI:
1. Has a multi-channel distribution network comprising 600+ retail branches, 40 investment centers, commercial partners, telephone banking (BPI Directo) and a home banking service (BPI Net)
2. Has a strong customer base with approx 2 million customers
3. BPI has the best capital indicators regardless of the criterion, its pensions are covered
4. It is the only listed bank which has not issued State-guaranteed debt to manage liquidity, it records the lowest absolute and relative utilization of ECB resources
5. The bank has the lowest rate of loan leverage and the lowest credit risk indicators
6. 10,000 people work as a part of the bank
Banco BPI Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Banco BPI SWOT Analysis:
1. Its net operating income has been decreasing over the past few years
2. Limited international presence which increases the geographic risk
3. It is not completely free from the credit risks with respect to customers and counterparties which could adversely affect it’s results
Banco BPI Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Banco BPI SWOT Analysis:
1. Its stringent risk management measures with respect to loan portfolios can be lessened in order to attract more customers
2. As customers are moving towards mobile banking, it should provide more apps for Android and IOS devices
3. Can offer more products in the personal banking segment as it is a growing segment
4. More global tie-ups can boost the presence of the brand abroad
Banco BPI Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Banco BPI are as mentioned:
1. S&P warned of rating degrade which would affect BPI as the investments would decrease
2. Erosion of market capital as the stock prices have been decreasing over negative market sentiment
3. There is a tight competition as other banks are offering similar products for a better value
Banco BPI Competition
Banco BPI Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Banco BPI:
1. Espírito Santo Financial Group
2. BANIF SGPS SA
3. Banco Comercial Portugues SA
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Banco BPI. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute