Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of RHB Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In RHB Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like RHB Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. RHB Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the RHB Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top RHB Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the largest fully integrated financial services group in Malaysia
RHB Bank STP
Segmentation is based on the type of customer: personal segment, business segment and the wealth management segment.
Targets the SME segment
Financial services and solutions for the people of Malaysia
SWOT Analysis of RHB Bank
RHB Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of RHB Bank:
1. The acquisition of OSK Investment Bank has further strengthened the RHB Banking Group’s ASEAN footprint
2. The Group is now present in eight countries including Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Hong Kong (with a representative office in China), Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam which increases its customer base
3. Acquisition of OSK Investment Bank Berhad (OSKIB) allowed the
Group to leverage the comparative strengths of both OSKIB and the RHB Banking Group to deliver more value to customers
4, Over 17000 people are a part of the bank providing customers across SE Asia banking solutions
5. Its services include retail banking, corporate banking, Islmaic banking
RHB Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the RHB Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Earnings fell on realised net loss on revaluation of financial investments available-for-sale (AFS)
2. Lack of advertisement and promotions in comparison to other major banks such as HSBC and it has less activities when compared to competitors
3. RHB not performing strongly in the online banking field especially in user friendliness of their applications.
RHB Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in RHB Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand its access to the remaining ASEAN markets where it is not present
2. Expand the domestic presence by acquiring PT Bank Mestika in Indonesia
3. The Group has also firmly embraced the ‘digital world’ and needs to intensify its efforts to drive our presence in social networking sites
RHB Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of RHB Bank are as mentioned:
1. The Malaysian Retail Banking sector faced challenges in 2012 such as the implementation of prudent lending practices
2. Owing to the competition among the Malaysian banks, the strategies and policies taken by other competitors should be monitored and studied closely and carefully and fast and effective actions should be considered. 3. This economic crisis all over the world have affected every financial institute all over the world and RHB is not an exception, therefore appropriate steps must be taken to minimize the losses.
RHB Bank Competition
RHB Bank Competitors
1 Malayan Banking Berhad
2 AMMB Holdings Berhad
3 CIMB Group Holdings Berhad
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to RHB Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute