Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Emirates NBD analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Emirates NBD SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Emirates NBD to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Emirates NBD is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Emirates NBD SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Emirates NBD competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Emirates NBD is a market leader across core business lines and is a socially responsible corporation
Emirates NBD STP
Retail banking, corporate banking, treasury banking and investment and brokerage services
Individuals, Small, medium & large enterprise looking for diverse financial solutions
Globally recognized as one of the leading and dynamic financial services provider based in the Middle East
SWOT Analysis of Emirates NBD
Emirates NBD Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Emirates NBD:
1. The largest asset base in the Gulf Cooperation Council region having operations in the UAE, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Jersey (Channel Islands), and representative offices in India and Iran 2. It is the leading retail banking franchise in the UAE, with over 140 branches and nealy 750 ATMs / Cash Deposit Machines spread across the UAE
3. Emirates NBD named "Best Bank in UAE" by Euromoney and Emirates NBD wins 'Best SME Internet Banking Service'
Here are the weaknesses in the Emirates NBD SWOT Analysis:
1. The online market is essential for displaying information and selling products. A weak online presence can result in lost opportunities for Emirates NBD
2. Limited global presence and dependence only on UAE market means limited market share
Emirates NBD Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Emirates NBD SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on continuing growth to benefit from the government's spending drive
2. Bank sector lending to private companies in Saudi Arabia still grew at a rate of 15 percent year-on-year
3. International expansion likely to bolster revenues, the bank should try to expand its presence in overseas markets
4. The online market offers Emirates NBD the ability to greatly expand their business. Emirates NBD can market to a much wider audience for relatively little expense
5. Emirates NBD can venture into new markets which will allow it to expand their business and diversify their portfolio of products and services
Emirates NBD Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Emirates NBD are as mentioned:
1. Mature markets are competitive. In order for Emirates NBD to grow in a mature market, it has to increase market share, which is difficult and expensive 2. The lending environment in Saudi Arabia intensely competitive between a small number of local banks, and means that while banks will be able to book new assets, margins will be tight
3. Volatile costs mean Emirates NBD has to plan for scenarios where costs skyrocket. Cautious planning leads to development delays that can negatively affect Emirates NBD
Emirates NBD Competition
Emirates NBD Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Emirates NBD:
1. Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
2. Bank of Sharjah
3. Mashreqbank psc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Emirates NBD. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute