Emirates NBD SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Emirates NBD, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Emirates NBD to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Emirates NBD is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Emirates NBD SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Emirates NBD SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Emirates NBD, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Emirates NBD looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Emirates NBD :
1. The largest asset base in the Gulf Cooperation Council region having operations in the UAE, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Jersey (Channel Islands), and representative offices in India and Iran
2. It is the leading retail banking franchise in the UAE, with over 140 branches and nealy 750 ATMs / Cash Deposit Machines spread across the UAE
3. Emirates NBD named "Best Bank in UAE" by Euromoney and Emirates NBD wins 'Best SME Internet Banking Service'
4. Offers retail banking, private banking, credit cards etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Emirates NBD SWOT Analysis:
1. The online market is essential for displaying information and selling products. A weak online presence can result in lost opportunities for Emirates NBD
2. Limited global presence and dependence only on UAE market means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Emirates NBD SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on continuing growth to benefit from the government's spending drive
2. Bank sector lending to private companies in Saudi Arabia still grew at a rate of 15 percent year-on-year
3. International expansion likely to bolster revenues, the bank should try to expand its presence in overseas markets
4. The online market offers Emirates NBD the ability to greatly expand their business. Emirates NBD can market to a much wider audience for relatively little expense
5. Emirates NBD can venture into new markets which will allow it to expand their business and diversify their portfolio of products and services
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Emirates NBD are as mentioned:
1. Mature markets are competitive. In order for Emirates NBD to grow in a mature market, it has to increase market share, which is difficult and expensive
2. The lending environment in Saudi Arabia intensely competitive between a small number of local banks, and means that while banks will be able to book new assets, margins will be tight
3. Volatile costs mean Emirates NBD has to plan for scenarios where costs skyrocket. Cautious planning leads to development delays that can negatively affect Emirates NBD
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Emirates NBD:
1. Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
2. Bank of Sharjah
3. Mashreqbank psc
Hence this concludes the Emirates NBD SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Emirates NBD Overview|
Your Needs Our Solutions
Emirates NBD is a market leader across core business lines and is a socially responsible corporation
|Emirates NBD STP|
Retail banking, corporate banking, treasury banking and investment and brokerage services
Individuals, Small, medium & large enterprise looking for diverse financial solutions
Globally recognized as one of the leading and dynamic financial services provider based in the Middle East
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Emirates NBD. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us