Commercial International Bank SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Commercial International Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Commercial International Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Commercial International Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Commercial International Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The article below lists the Commercial International Bank SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Commercial International Bank SWOT Analysis:
For Commercial International Bank, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Commercial International Bank Strengths
The strengths of Commercial International Bank looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Commercial International Bank :
1. It operates in various cities of Egypt through its 100+ branches and over 500 automated teller machines
2. EPS has increased when compared to the previous and this drives the investor interest in the company
3. It has a strong customer base of around 6 lakhs and around 1.2 lakh internet banking subscribers
4. Its subsidiaries like CI-Capital,CIBC, CIAM, CIL, Corplease, Falcon are also brands within themselves
Commercial International Bank Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Commercial International Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in the shareholders equity over the past few years dilutes the ownership in the company
2. It has some risky portfolios which have generated losses in the past
3. Total liabilities of the company have increased over the past years and as a result of this it faces more cash outflows in the form of interest payments
Commercial International Bank Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Commercial International Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. It can expand to other geographic regions as some of the developing countries are profitable to invest in
2. It should focus more on how to increase the employee’s productivity and try to reduce the attrition rate
3. Focus more on the liability side through an aggressive plan for the bank’s attractive liability products
Commercial International Bank Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Commercial International Bank are as mentioned:
1. Presence of high geographic risk due to the political unstability in Egypt
2. As a lender, it is exposed to credit risk as deteriorating credit quality would adversely affect its revenues which in turn would affect its credit rating
3 It must also look into the th.reats posed to its IT infrastructure as more customers are moving to internet banking facility
Commercial International Bank Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Commercial International Bank:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Commercial International Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute