Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Nedbank Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Nedbank Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Nedbank Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Nedbank Limited is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Nedbank Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Nedbank Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The bank has a customer centric approach to banking which has helped in its growth.
Nedbank Limited STP
South African savers and corporate
South African individuals and businesses in need of banking services.
Positioned as a bank for all, providing wide variety of services including wholesale, retail banking and asset management services.
SWOT Analysis of Nedbank Limited
Nedbank Limited Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nedbank Limited:
1. The bank has a market capitalization of about 9 billion USD. 2. The bank is one of the largest banks of South Africa, although it is one of the newest banks to be incorporated. 3. The bank provides a variety of services including individual banking, insurance related products, wealth management services, financial planning, business financing etc.
4. The bank provides banking services to large corporate, public sector enterprises etc.
5. The bank has operational footprint over a wide geographical region including many countries in sub Saharan Africa, Canada, UK etc.
6. The bank has seen a steady growth and expansionary activity, with the opening of many new branches in various parts of Africa within last 2 years. The bank now has over 800 branches.
7. The bank has a wide client base of over 6 million clients.
Nedbank Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Nedbank Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. The bank’s activities can be affected by the unstable economic conditions in some of the African countries. 2. The bank can be affected by the movement of foreign exchange rates.
3. The bank’s financial strength was rated as C- by Moody’s rating agency.
Nedbank Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Nedbank Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. The bank can look to expand its activities in South Africa as well as other countries, especially more economically developed countries such as UK. 2. The bank can come up with better financial products which are in tune with the needs of emerging economies. 3. The bank can expand its activities in south African countries which are expected to have high growth rates.
4. The bank can build leadership talent for the future by undertaking training programs for its managerial staff.
Nedbank Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nedbank Limited are as mentioned:
1. Regulatory changes in the countries where the bank has operations can affect the bank adversely. 2. The bank can be affected by bad debts due to failure of the counter party in honouring their obligations towards the bank. 3. The market interest rates can move against the bank, there by creating a mismatch between banks assets and liabilities.
Nedbank Limited Competition
Nedbank Limited Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Nedbank Limited:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nedbank Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute