Johnson Controls SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Johnson Controls, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Johnson Controls is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector. The article below lists the Johnson Controls SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Johnson Controls, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Johnson Controls looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Johnson Controls :
1. Worldwide acclaim and a Fortune 100 company.
2. Diversified product portfolio.
3. Strong YOY financial growth and performance
4. Over 150,000 people are employed with the company
5. Significant acquisitions and JVs have strengthen its presence in the industry
6. Present across 1300 locations in 6 continents
7. Diversification accolades include Khalifa hospital, Burj Khalifa building in Dubai etc
8. Wide service portfolio includes Automobile Interior Designs, Car Seats, Batteries, Climate Control, Facility Management
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Johnson Controls SWOT Analysis:
1. Turnover ratios at a low.
2. Expansion in emerging markets slow in generating returns.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Johnson Controls SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunities in emerging markets with high automotive growth.
2. Global increase in usage of hybrid vehicles for which it makes batteries.
3. Increasing propensity of customers to modify and upgrade their vehicle’s interiors.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Johnson Controls are as mentioned:
1. Declining automobile market at its home location, USA.
2. Emergence of competitors in this segment, no longer the sole supplier.
3. Increased raw materials cost.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Johnson Controls:
1. Lear Corp
2. Magna International
3. Raytheon Company
Hence this concludes the Johnson Controls SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Johnson Controls Overview|
World class supplier of power solutions and interiors for a wide variety of automobiles.
|Johnson Controls STP|
Automobile seating and power
High-end customers looking to upgrade their car’s seating and upholstery.
Premium solutions for a wide range of automobile requirements.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Johnson Controls. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us