ThyssenKrupp Group SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of ThyssenKrupp Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ThyssenKrupp Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ThyssenKrupp Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ThyssenKrupp Group is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the ThyssenKrupp Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top ThyssenKrupp Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Steel products, materials services, elevator technology solutions, plant technology solutions, components technology solutions, and marine systems
Consumers of carbon steel products like tubes, pipes, heavy plate, tinplate, hot strip; wind turbines, the automotive and construction machinery industries; users of domestic and freight elevators; operators of submarines and surface naval vessels, civil ships; potential operators of chemical plants, refineries, and other industrial plants
Market and manufacture innovative products in a cost and resource efficient way
SWOT Analysis of ThyssenKrupp Group
For ThyssenKrupp Group, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the ThyssenKrupp Group SWOT Analysis:
ThyssenKrupp Group Strengths
The strengths of ThyssenKrupp Group looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ThyssenKrupp Group :
1. Operates in more than 80 countries employing around 150,000 people 2. Directly or indirectly owns more than 720 companies 3. Diversified geographical presence with most of its 2,200 production sites, offices, and service bases are located outside Germany 4. Strong focus on research and development with more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and technicians at 85 development centers
5. Broad product portfolio in range of market without common risk factors
ThyssenKrupp Group Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the ThyssenKrupp Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Litigation issues - Adverse rulings regarding pending lawsuits could result in payments to the affected parties which could have a material adverse effect on the group's profit margins 2. Decreasing trend in Topline is a conern
ThyssenKrupp Group Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in ThyssenKrupp Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic development plans - portfolio optimization, change management, and performance enhancement like divestment of stainless global and steel Americas and JV with Polysius and Vecoplan 2. Strategic agreements and contracts like Dead Sea work an NPK-A plant at Goa 3. Positive outlook for the global steel market in the short term with expected growth especially in Russia
4. Positive outlook for the global automobiles
ThyssenKrupp Group Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ThyssenKrupp Group are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition 2. Environmental regulations 3. Economic or industry downturn especially in developed countries- Economic Uncertainty in Europe Leads to Moderate Demand for Iron and Steel
ThyssenKrupp Group Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of ThyssenKrupp Group:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ThyssenKrupp Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute