Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sime Darby analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sime Darby SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sime Darby to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sime Darby is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Sime Darby SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sime Darby competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Operational excellence and high performance standards
Sime Darby STP
Motors, plantation, industrial, property, energy and utilities, and healthcare
Potential Buyers of automobiles, industry; government and regional tourist market; consumers of edible and other fat oils, juices and sauces; plantation, property, mining, marine, forestry, construction, port sectors and power systems industries; potential buyers of Caterpillar products
Company with Integrity, Respect & Responsibility, Excellence and Enterprise
SWOT Analysis of Sime Darby
For Sime Darby, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Sime Darby SWOT Analysis:
Sime Darby Strengths
The strengths of Sime Darby looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sime Darby :
1.Has a strong presence in over 20 countries especially in Asia Pacific employing over 100,000 people
2. Diversified product portfolio resulting in decreased risk of operation 3. Strong financial performance 4. Balanced revenue stream (Motor segment, Plantation, Industry, Property, Energy and utility, Healthcare)
5. Uniformed growth rate from across all the geographical locations
6. One of the major business houses in all of Malaysia
Sime Darby Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sime Darby SWOT Analysis:
1. Legal claims affecting the brand image of the company 2.Fluctuating non-operating revenue due to irregular investment and disinvestment operations, effectively affecting bottom line 3. Accused of lighting some of the fires on Indonesian plantations that caused widespread pollution issues in Malaysia and Singapore
Sime Darby Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sime Darby SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong outlook for the global oil crops consumption 2. Inorganic growth strategy 3. Robust outlook for the Chinese automotive sector
Sime Darby Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sime Darby are as mentioned:
1. Competitor aggressiveness and Intense competition 2. International Currency fluctuations is a risk
3. Unfavorable govt and political conditions can affect brand and operational efficiency
Sime Darby Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Sime Darby:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sime Darby. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute