Textron SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Textron, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Textron is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector. The article below lists the Textron SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Textron, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Textron looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Textron :
1. Operating with 32,000 thousand employees operating in 100+ manufacturing facilities
2. Has its presence in 27 countries
3. Diversified product portfolio and balanced revenue streams - Bell segment; Cessna; industrial; Textron Systems; and finance segment
4. Strong research and development capabilities
5. Stable and strong financial performance
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Textron SWOT Analysis:
1. Unfunded employee pension benefits which is of huge amount
2. Heavy dependence on the US – with most revenue generation from US and substantial from US government
3. Decreasing revenue from Canada
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Textron SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook for aerospace and defense sector which is consistently growing
2. Growing US military and space market
3. Surge in defense spending in China and India
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Textron are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from domestic and international players
2. Declining defense spending by the US Government
3. Increasing compliance risks
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Textron:
3. General Dynamics company
4. Lockheed Martin Corporation
5. Northrop Grumman Corporation
6. United Technologies Corporation
Hence this concludes the Textron SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Aircraft, Industry and Finance
The power of Textron is the power of our brand
Reliability and quality especially in the aerospace industry
Helicopters, Aircraft, Transportation, Automobile, industry, finance
Military, companies operating commercial helicopters, airlines, industries seeking shipping and packaging, Automobile industries, consumers of multi utility and off road vehicles, government and commercial agencies seeking supply chain solutions,
Company with groundbreaking technologies, innovative solutions and first-class service.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Textron. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us