Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Textron analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Textron SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Textron to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Textron is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The table below lists the Textron SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Textron competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Military, companies operating commercial helicopters, airlines, industries seeking shipping and packaging, Automobile industries, consumers of multi utility and off road vehicles, government and commercial agencies seeking supply chain solutions,
Company with groundbreaking technologies, innovative solutions and first-class service.
SWOT Analysis of Textron
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Textron:
1. Operating with 32,000 thousand employees operating in 100+ manufacturing facilities 2. Has its presence in 27 countries 3. Diversified product portfolio and balanced revenue streams - Bell segment; Cessna; industrial; Textron Systems; and finance segment 4. Strong research and development capabilities
5. Stable and strong financial performance
Here are the weaknesses in the Textron SWOT Analysis:
1. Unfunded employee pension benefits which is of huge amount 2. Heavy dependence on the US – with most revenue generation from US and substantial from US government 3. Decreasing revenue from Canada
Following are the Opportunities in Textron SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook for aerospace and defense sector which is consistently growing 2. Growing US military and space market 3. Surge in defense spending in China and India
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Textron are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from domestic and international players 2. Declining defense spending by the US Government 3. Increasing compliance risks
Below are the top 6 Textron competitors:
1. Boeing 2. EADS 3. General Dynamics company
4. Lockheed Martin Corporation
5. Northrop Grumman Corporation
6. United Technologies Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Textron. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute