Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of NEC Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In NEC Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like NEC Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. NEC Corporation is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector.
The article below lists the NEC Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top NEC Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
IT solutions, personal solutions, carrier solutions, social infrastructure
Corporate, SMEs, households, individuals who seek smartphones, PCs, internet solutions
Passionate about innovation and customer-focused collaboration
SWOT Analysis of NEC Corporation
For NEC Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the NEC Corporation SWOT Analysis:
NEC Corporation Strengths
The strengths of NEC Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NEC Corporation :
1. Strong position in Japan – number one for decades sets the tone for global expansion 2. Large number of mergers and acquisitions has added to business capabilities 3. Considerable expertise in emerging cloud computing segment 4. Leading position in enterprise telephony market due to consistent growth
5. Over 100,000 people form a part of the workforce hence expertise in the field of electronics
NEC Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the NEC Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Majority of its business done only in Japan this means a high dependence on the Japanese market 2. Sluggish growth and performance in the booming smartphones market 3. Globally still not an established brand
NEC Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in NEC Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. IT spending in Asia-Pacific to increase opening more avenues to grow 2. Growth of smartphones market in Japan presents an opportunity to the company to expand its smartphones competitiveness 3. Enhanced growth prospects in network operation support systems and business support systems – since the acquisition on NetCracker Technology, NEC has been a leading player in the segment
NEC Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NEC Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Sluggish Japanese economy is a threat 2. Rapidly changing IT technology which might prove a challenge as it will be required to keep up with its positioning as an innpovator 3. Appreciation of Yen might considerably affect the company’s finances
NEC Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of NEC Corporation:
1. Cisco Systems, Inc.
2. Dell Inc.
3. Fujitsu Limited
4. Apple Inc.
5. Hewlett-Packard Company
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NEC Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute