Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of EDF Energy analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In EDF Energy SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like EDF Energy to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. EDF Energy is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the EDF Energy SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top EDF Energy competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of EDF Energy:
1. Efficient Process and IT communication systems 2. High R&D investments especially in environmental innovations 3. Uk’s largest generator and distributor of electricity 4. High ROE & Growth shows its financial growth
5. The organization has over 13,000+ employees
6. Approx 6 million customers are present with the company
EDF Energy Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the EDF Energy SWOT Analysis:
1. Presence only in UK means geographic limitation 2. Gas division is yet to mature – Low ROE compared to global leaders
EDF Energy Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in EDF Energy SWOT Analysis:
1. Stress on clean Nuclear energy is increasing 2.Can tap other markets for more business 3.Can do upward integration – Electric devices as a package
EDF Energy Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of EDF Energy are as mentioned:
1. Volatility in commodity prices 2. High Competition means reduction in market share 3. Regulations on Environment
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EDF Energy. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute