Score Group PLC SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Score Group PLC, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Score Group PLC to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Score Group PLC is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The article below lists the Score Group PLC SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Score Group PLC SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Score Group PLC, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Score Group PLC looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Score Group PLC :
1. They operate in five continents and within wide range of sectors which include oil and gas, nuclear and marine.
2. Established in 1982, Score Group PLC has experience of over 30 years.
3. They have strong employee base of 1700 and places importance on training with over 300 apprentices employed within the group.
4. They have largest stock of valves and actuators (80,000 in stock, $500 million in value).
5. In 2013 Score Europe was awarded Large Employer of the year by Skills Development Scotland.
6. Score Diagnostics Ltd. is leader in valve leak detection and monitoring. It uses Acoustic emissions (AE) leak detection technology in its MIDAS Valve Diagnostics range of products.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Score Group PLC SWOT Analysis:
1. Oil and prices have declined majorly due to abundance of shale resources and efficient production. This can harm their business opportunities and profitability. Their profits fell by 29% due to low oil prices in 2014.
2. Industry confidence for oil and gas industry has declined. This is a concern for their business.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Score Group PLC SWOT Analysis:
1. There is opportunity in subsea services.
2. Opportunity lies in investment in infrastructure and research & development.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Score Group PLC are as mentioned:
1. Various environmental laws and regulations are there in this industry and this creates a risk for the business as any unfavorable policy can harm business.
2. Large competitors.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Score Group PLC:
2.Control Valve Services Ltd.
Hence this concludes the Score Group PLC SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Score Group PLC Overview|
Score Group PLC
Intelligent valve and gas turbine solutions
Safe working and quality service
|Score Group PLC STP|
Safe working and quality service
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Score Group PLC. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us