Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Score Group PLC analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Score Group PLC SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Score Group PLC to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Score Group PLC is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Score Group PLC SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Score Group PLC competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Score Group PLC:
1. They operate in five continents and within wide range of sectors which include oil and gas, nuclear and marine. 2. Established in 1982, Score Group PLC has experience of over 30 years. 3. They have strong employee base of 1700 and places importance on training with over 300 apprentices employed within the group. 4. They have largest stock of valves and actuators (80,000 in stock, $500 million in value).
5. In 2013 Score Europe was awarded Large Employer of the year by Skills Development Scotland.
6. Score Diagnostics Ltd. is leader in valve leak detection and monitoring. It uses Acoustic emissions (AE) leak detection technology in its MIDAS Valve Diagnostics range of products.
Score Group PLC Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Score Group PLC SWOT Analysis:
1. Oil and prices have declined majorly due to abundance of shale resources and efficient production. This can harm their business opportunities and profitability. Their profits fell by 29% due to low oil prices in 2014.
2. Industry confidence for oil and gas industry has declined. This is a concern for their business.
Score Group PLC Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Score Group PLC SWOT Analysis:
1. There is opportunity in subsea services. 2. Opportunity lies in investment in infrastructure and research & development.
Score Group PLC Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Score Group PLC are as mentioned:
1. Various environmental laws and regulations are there in this industry and this creates a risk for the business as any unfavorable policy can harm business. 2. Large competitors.
Score Group PLC Competition
Score Group PLC Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Score Group PLC:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Score Group PLC. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute