Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Essar Oil analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Essar Oil SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Essar Oil to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Essar Oil is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Essar Oil SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Essar Oil competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Global exposure and strong backing from the Essar group
Essar Oil STP
Corporates, people looking to fulfill energy services needs
Companies involved in natural gas exploration
Positioned as technologically advance private sector player in area of Oil and Gas in India
SWOT Analysis of Essar Oil
Essar Oil Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Essar Oil:
1. Strong backing by Essar group which is engaged in diverse sectors of steel, oil &gas, power, telecom, shipping, ports etc.
2. Network of 1400 retail outlets and more than 250 retail outlets in various stage of construction
3. State of art technologies at refinery
4. First Indian private sector company to enter petro retailing
5. Very active in CSR activities
6. Strong and dedicated workforce
Essar Oil Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Essar Oil SWOT Analysis:
1. Company operations are bound by govt regulations and fluctuations
2. Net sales are affected due to increasing cost
Essar Oil Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Essar Oil SWOT Analysis:
1. Demand-Supply gap in India
2.Increasing natural gas market globally
3.Heavy industrialization causing an increase in demand for fuel
Essar Oil Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Essar Oil are as mentioned:
1.Threats from competitors
2. Competitors receiving subsidies on taxes by central and state government
3.Economic instability and fluctuations in India's policies
Essar Oil Competition
Essar Oil Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Essar Oil:
1. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. 2. Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
3. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Essar Oil. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute