Mitsubishi Electric SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mitsubishi Electric analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mitsubishi Electric SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mitsubishi Electric to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mitsubishi Electric is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Mitsubishi Electric SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mitsubishi Electric competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Offers high quality products characterized by commitment to innovation and sustainable operations
Mitsubishi Electric STP
Industrial air conditioning systems, automotive equipment ,factory automation systems, home products, information & communication systems
Industries which require energy & electric systems, electronic devices, automation systems and Information and communication systems.
People who require high quality home appliances
Applying technologies to contribute to society and daily life around the world as a leading green company
SWOT Analysis of Mitsubishi Electric
Mitsubishi Electric Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mitsubishi Electric:
1. It has a very strong presence in Asian market especially japan 2. Broad product portfolio
3. High growth rate in recent times fuelled by diversification into various industries and markets
4. Considerable investments in R & D has enabled it to deliver high quality customized products and services to its customers
5. Top supplier of factory automation networks to semiconductor industry. Also a leading factory automation networks supplier to machinery manufacturing industry
6. Mitsubishi insists firm ethical principles in business dealings
Mitsubishi Electric Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Mitsubishi Electric SWOT Analysis:
1.Excessive dependency on domestic market of Japan
2.Even though it has taken many initiatives to transform its early image still it being seen as “old and expensive”
Mitsubishi Electric Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Mitsubishi Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth opportunities in developing geographies outside Asia especially in factory automation 2. Smart electric appliances and smart energy systems presenting a market for Mitsubishi to diversify into new sectors
3. Increase in demand of Elevator/Escalator infrastructure
Mitsubishi Electric Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mitsubishi Electric are as mentioned:
1. Requires more initiatives to change its brand perception 2. Local competitors in emerging markets
Mitsubishi Electric Competition
Mitsubishi Electric Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Mitsubishi Electric:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mitsubishi Electric. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute