Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ametek analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ametek SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ametek to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ametek is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Ametek SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Ametek competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A Leading Global Manufacturer of Electronic Instruments and Electromechanical Devices
Provide world-class products and services at competitive prices
Electronic Instruments, Electromechanical products/devices, Power distribution
Oil, gas and petrochemical refining markets,Natural gas distribution, Water and waste treatment, and Semiconductor markets, Power distribution industry
Leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices
SWOT Analysis of Ametek
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ametek:
1. It has approximately 13,700 employees working at more than 100 manufacturing facilities
2. The company has a greater operational and manufacturing efficiency when compared to other companies in the segment
3. It is known for its growth via strategic acquisitions; It has a history of successful and profitable acquisitions
4. High increase in sales , net earnings and diluted earnings per share reflect good financial report for the company
5. More than 50 % of its revenues come from foreign markets like Asia and Europe
Here are the weaknesses in the Ametek SWOT Analysis:
1.The company basically operates in only two segments both of which are characterized by high maturity and consolidation
2. Lack of strong brand recognition even though it delivers high quality products with great support
3. Poor translation of High R&D costs into profits/ products
Following are the Opportunities in Ametek SWOT Analysis:
1.With its expertise it can easily diversify into newer segments and utilize its proficiency in the core two segments
2. AMETEK should undertake more green initiatives. Should leverage on High R&D to adapt green technologies for production processes
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ametek are as mentioned:
1.Stringent environmental regulations and high construction costs of oil refineries has led to a weak market in US
2. A negative outlook of US economy, which constitutes the half of the market of AMETEK
Below are the top 5 competitors of Ametek:
1.Emerson Electric Co. 2.General Electric Company
3.Agilent Technologies, Inc.
4. Roper Industries (ROP)
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ametek. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute