Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Santos Energy analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Santos Energy SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Santos Energy to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Santos Energy is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Santos Energy SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Santos Energy competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Enterprises and individuals with energy requirements
Entities which need crude oil, natural gas, naptha, LPG and condensate
Australia's largest domestic gas producer
SWOT Analysis of Santos Energy
Santos Energy Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Santos Energy:
1. It has a substantial asset base across Australia, Bangladesh, India, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Kyrgyztan, Indonesia
2. Santos has a strong track record of reserves replacement which is an important target to drive long-term shareholder value growth. 3. Strong oil production which has helped the company lift its revenue considerably
4. The company has nearly 2000 employees
5. One of the largest energy companies in Australia with a considerable presence in the industry
Santos Energy Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Santos Energy SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing operational and manufacturing costs have been affecting the company’s margins
2. A smaller workforce means the opportunities to grow rapidly is restricted
Santos Energy Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Santos Energy SWOT Analysis:
1. Farm-out agreements with Victoria Petroleum And Karoon Gas Australia Ltd. Will help the company substantially improve its operations and profitability 2. Successful operation in the South Australian Cooper Basin shale gas joint venture it holds with Beach Energy which made it Australia’s first commercial production of gas from a shale well
Santos Energy Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Santos Energy are as mentioned:
1. Volatile global prices of oil and gas , in whose exploration and production the company is engaged in, can adversely impact its business 2. Intense competition from other larger firms in the industry, which have larger reserves, revenue and outreach, can make it lose its market share 3. Stringent emission standards arising from governmental laws and regulations can adversely impact its operations and reduce revenue
Santos Energy Competition
Santos Energy Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Santos Energy:
1. Oil Search Ltd. 2. Bounty Oil and Gas NL 3. Pryme Energy Ltd 4. Aurora Oil and Gas Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Santos Energy. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute