Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of British Gas analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In British Gas SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like British Gas to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. British Gas is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the British Gas SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top British Gas competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Across UK giving energy to over 12 million households
British Gas STP
Corporates, small scale business people and individuals looking to fulfill energy needs
Residential customers looking for energy needs and industries
We are the leaders in technological innovation and we promise to deliver smarter homes.
SWOT Analysis of British Gas
British Gas Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of British Gas:
1. Technological innovators – First to introduce mobile controlled heating, electricity generating boilers in UK market
2. Generates substantial part of the total electricity for the consumers in the National electricity market 3. Key initiatives like Consultant advices for energy management through efficient invoices and billing systems 4. Sports marketing - Involved in sports sponsorship with the British swimming team and sponsored the Southern Football League.
5. Its offerings include Gas, Electricity, Boilers and central heating, Plumbing and drains, Renewable Energy and Home appliance services
British Gas Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the British Gas SWOT Analysis:
1. Heavy dependence on the wholesale market
2. Scrutinized by the British Govt. for raising the tariff prices has tarnished the image of British gas.
3. Residential energy price hikes has led to a slump in customer base
British Gas Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in British Gas SWOT Analysis:
1. Huge growth opportunity in the retail business 2. Optimistic energy policies in the forthcoming years to come.
British Gas Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of British Gas are as mentioned:
1. Rising power costs in the North Sea and weak economics for gas storage and gas-fired power generation in UK region 2. Increase in wholesale gas and electricity prices. 3. Existing Government regulations in the retail energy sector
4. Market conditions look set to remain challenging for our gas-fired power stations with no sign of material recovery
British Gas Competition
British Gas Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of British Gas:
1. Scottish & Southern 2. Eon 3. Npower
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to British Gas. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute