Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Monster Beverage analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Monster Beverage SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Monster Beverage to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Monster Beverage is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Monster Beverage SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Monster Beverage SWOT Analysis:
For Monster Beverage, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Monster Beverage Strengths
The strengths of Monster Beverage looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Monster Beverage :
1. Monster drinks have a strong brand identity and a strong brand recognition due to its distinctive logo & color 2. Strong focus on energy drinks market with Energy drinks accounting for 93% of the company’s revenues 3. Forward thinking company as they have introduced a wide array of energy drinks with zero calories/zero sugar for the health conscious people 4. A very strong intangible asset portfolio with over 5200 registered & active trademarks
5. Ability to use the trademarks to maintain a competitive advantage over other in the market
6. A very large product line with entry into almost every non-carbonated drink in recent times
Monster Beverage Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Monster Beverage SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited marketing and a self-imposed restriction to market only to those who follow extreme sports
2. Lack of traditional media marketing limits its products reach to everyone 3. Aggressive can designs can be intimidating to female consumers
Monster Beverage Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Monster Beverage SWOT Analysis:
1. It may venture into carbonated drinks to expand its portfolio of products 2. It is already a leader in Energy drinks, it can try and capture Red Bulls market by being associated with various sporting events 3. Growing low calorie and diet conscious consumers whom they can target for the next wave of customer acquisition
Monster Beverage Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Monster Beverage are as mentioned:
1. The government is coming up with stringent regulations for control of quality and safety of the product 2. Intense competition in the energy drinks market 3. Increasing labor costs in the US could affect its overall costs and decrease margins
4. Inability to come out of Red Bull’s shadows
Monster Beverage Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Monster Beverage:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Monster Beverage. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute