Amway SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Amway, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Amway to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Amway is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Amway SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Amway SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Amway, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Amway looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Amway :
1. Amway’s global One by One Campaign for Children
2. Amway retail sales worldwide increasing considerably
3. Amway has long list of awards like Asia Pacific Frost & Sullivan Water Filtration Company of the Year Award and LEED gold certification
4. Amway ranked as America's top 30 largest privately held company
5. Amway has presence in more than 80 countries with more than 3 million business owners
6. Amway offers 115 products in five categories of personal care, home care, nutrition and wellness, cosmetics and gift catalogue
7. The range of consumers is very large from babies to elder , women are the main consumers
8. Nearly 130 offices across India
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Amway SWOT Analysis:
1. The only mode of availability of product is online and business agents hence missing out on retail sales
2. Products are somewhat on costly side
3. Not much of TV advertisement or brand ambassador, only mode of communication is word of mouth
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Amway SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase the availability of product in international markets
2. Using various medium of communication like it is international brand; online can be a good platform
3. Can tie up with chains of beauty salons and health experts
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Amway are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition in both national and international markets
2. Switching cost is low
3. Replacement by local products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Amway:
Hence this concludes the Amway SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Personal care and home care
We are listening; The power of positive
First company to start multi level marketing
Personal and home care
Middle income and higher income family
Premium products for your every problem
|Amway Product Portfolio|
1. Amway Nutrilite 2. Amway Attitude
3. Amway Dynamite 4. Amway Artistry
5. Amway Glister 6. Amway Satinique
7. Amway SA8 8. Amway G&H
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Amway product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Amway. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us