Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 16, 2021
SWOT analysis of Amway analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Amway SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Amway to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Amway is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Amway SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Amway competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Amway product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of Amway
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Amway:
1. Amway’s global One by One Campaign for Children 2. Amway retail sales worldwide increasing considerably 3. Amway has long list of awards like Asia Pacific Frost & Sullivan Water Filtration Company of the Year Award and LEED gold certification 4. Amway ranked as America's top 30 largest privately held company
5. Amway has presence in more than 80 countries with more than 3 million business owners
6. Amway offers 115 products in five categories of personal care, home care, nutrition and wellness, cosmetics and gift catalogue
7. The range of consumers is very large from babies to elder , women are the main consumers
8. Nearly 130 offices across India
Here are the weaknesses in the Amway SWOT Analysis:
1. The only mode of availability of product is online and business agents hence missing out on retail sales 2. Products are somewhat on costly side 3. Not much of TV advertisement or brand ambassador, only mode of communication is word of mouth
Following are the Opportunities in Amway SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase the availability of product in international markets 2. Using various medium of communication like it is international brand; online can be a good platform 3. Can tie up with chains of beauty salons and health experts
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Amway are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition in both national and international markets 2. Switching cost is low 3. Replacement by local products
Below are the top 4 competitors of Amway:
1. VLCC 2. Loreal 3. HUL
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Amway. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute