Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Iodex analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Iodex SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Iodex to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Iodex is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Iodex SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Iodex SWOT Analysis:
For Iodex, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Iodex looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Iodex :
1. Present in the market for last several decades, very well accepted in the market and enjoys the trust associated with GSK brand. 2. Strong brand recall.
3. Company launched a range of variants-Double power, headfast and Ultragel to cater to different types of pains. 4. Strong distribution network of GSK.
5. Top of the mind brand recall through advertising and TVCs
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Iodex SWOT Analysis:
1. It focused on complete solutions for all pains from the beginning not communicating a unique message. Competitors like Moov positioned their brand as specialists for backaches and drove away a huge market share 2. Strong smell of the product considered offensive by some people
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Iodex SWOT Analysis:
1. Regain the market share by extensive promotion and marketing activities, leverage on the trust. 2. The segment is characterised by a small number of players and low penetration. 3. Sedentary lifestyles will create a fresh demand for pain relievers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Iodex are as mentioned:
1. The Brand is moving towards becoming generic with such long years of existence in the market. 2. Pain relief sprays might act as substitutes and hurt the entire category 3. Cheap imitation products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Iodex:
Pain should not come in the way of your life; Iodex maliye kaam pe chaliye
A heritage brand with a time tested formulation that provides relief from all kinds of pain
Pain relief brand
Middle and upper middle class
A complete solution for all kind of pains
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Iodex. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute