Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lucozade analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lucozade SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lucozade to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lucozade is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Lucozade SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lucozade SWOT Analysis:
For Lucozade, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lucozade looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lucozade :
1. A well established sports drink in UK with a presence in several other international markets
2. It enjoys the strong distribution network of GSK
3. Expanded to a range of products to cater to specific needs of different consumers
4. A dedicated website provides a stronger online presence with engaging content for its target group
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lucozade SWOT Analysis:
1. Not much advertising in print media and TV.
2. Brand recall and awareness is not very high
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lucozade SWOT Analysis:
1. Demographic trends like increasing population and purchasing power favor the consumer healthcare market, thus opportunities for growth.
2. Increasing penetration in rural markets
3. Sports drink is a nascent but fast growing category in India.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lucozade are as mentioned:
1. Aggressive marketing and promotion by competition 2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands and increasing bargaining power of big retailers which could negotiate for better margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Lucozade:
‘Lucozade is fuel for body and soul/Lucozade replaces lost energy’
A scientifically formulated drink backed by years of research as well as approved by independent authorities such as World Anti-Doping Agency that further establishes its credibility
Sports based positioning
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lucozade. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute