Pears SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Pears, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Pears is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector. The article below lists the Pears SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Pears, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Pears looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pears :
1. Pears is the world’s first registered brand and it is in existence continuously since then. Has a strong heritage of over 200 years
2. Comes in 3 variants – Pure & Gentle, Germshield, Oil Clear
3. Pears is unique from other ordinary soaps in that the glycerin is retained in the soap.
4. Transparency of the soap is shown as a sign of purity of the soap
5. Glycerin content is a sign of the gentleness in the soap
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Pears SWOT Analysis:
1. Abandoned a new product formulation after customer complaints and demands to re-instate the old product back.
2. Not a mass-market soap, targets a niche sector within the soap industry
3.High raw material costs for the soap leads to higher selling price
Read more about Pears
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Pears SWOT Analysis:
1. Remains a niche player in the soap market
2. Pears need to work on liquid soap versions to tap market
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pears are as mentioned:
1. New competitors coming up in the market offering same values at reasonable price
2. Any changes to product formulation can lead to downfall in market share as people oppose to buy the product
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Pears:
1. Doy Care Aloe vera
2. Savlon Soap
Hence this concludes the Pears SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Pure and Gentle
It keeps your skin soft and smiling with innocence
Personal Care – Premium Soap in three variants
Premium Market Soap
Pears is trusted for being gentle, and is recommended by doctors and pediatricians worldwide
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pears. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us