Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dave & Buster’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dave & Buster’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dave & Buster’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dave & Buster’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Dave & Buster’s SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Dave & Buster’s SWOT Analysis:
For Dave & Buster’s, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Dave & Buster’s Strengths
The strengths of Dave & Buster’s looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dave & Buster’s :
1. Present in almost all the states of US at over 65 locations
2. Special menu for individual guests based on health requirements
3. Running successfully for many decades having a strong legacy
4. Skilled chefs capable of preparing wide array of food offerings for unique customer needs
5. The employee strength of the organisation is over 8000 people
6. Apart from food, it offers games, entertainment hubs and arcades which is very popular among the children and youth
Dave & Buster’s Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dave & Buster’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Competitive industry and high substitution means low market share
2. Advertising and marketing is limited hence low brand awareness
Dave & Buster’s Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dave & Buster’s SWOT Analysis:
1.Strong opportunity to expand operations in Canada as they are already successful in United States
2. Advertising and marketing can help boost the brand image globally specially in Canada
3. Utilise the uniqueness of being a restaurant and an entertainment hub
Dave & Buster’s Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dave & Buster’s are as mentioned:
1. Threat from established competitors and new entrants
2. Rise in prices of raw materials can affect profitability
3. Unfavorable govt regulations can affect business
Dave & Buster’s Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Dave & Buster’s:
People looking for corporate parties, social parties, birthday parties
Families looking for a memorable time together
Clean, organized and efficient dining service for buffet meals
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dave & Buster’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute