Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hooters analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hooters SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hooters to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hooters is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Hooters SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Hooters SWOT Analysis:
For Hooters, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Hooters looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hooters :
1. More than 450+ Hooters throughout the United States and 20+ other countries 2. Hooters has actively supported charities through its Hooters Community Endowment Fund 3. Involved in sponsoring many sports events and holds its own beauty pageants 4. Provides gift cards and online ordering
5. Created a globally recognized icon through the hooter girls
6. Promoting its brand through hooters' magazine, calendar and other merchandizes
7. Its product portfolio includes Burgers, Chicken Wings, Seafood, Full bar
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Hooters SWOT Analysis:
1. Various law suits due to gender discrimination in hiring 2. Criticisms due to scantily clad waitresses 3. Very high calorific content in food is avoided by health conscious people
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Hooters SWOT Analysis:
1. Seasonal menus can be tried out in keeping with the burger/fast food theme 2. Extension into merchandising
3. The brand can extend its operations in other places promoting tourism for youth and adults
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hooters are as mentioned:
1. Issues related to objectifying women 2. Cannot venture into certain countries due to sensitivity issues
3. Competition from other restaurant chains as substitutes
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Hooters:
Youth and adults from upper-middle and upper segment
Casual beach-themed featuring music, sports on large flat screens with an American fast food menu
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hooters. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute