Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Panda Express analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Panda Express SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Panda Express to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Panda Express is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Panda Express SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Panda Express competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Quality meals made with fresh and premium ingredients served fast and hot
Panda Express STP
Food and beverage restaurant chains
Youth and Adults from middle to upper income groups
A fine dining Chinese restaurant
SWOT Analysis of Panda Express
Panda Express Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Panda Express:
1. It is the largest American Chinese restaurant chain in the United States 2. It has close to 1,700 plus restaurants located across all different states in the United States 3. Offers a variety of food along with combo meals 4. Panda Express is among the US's 25 largest quick-service operations and Asian quick-serve category
5. The chain was one of the earliest entrants into the supermarket arena
6. Strategically located in mall food courts and other non-traditional venues including airports, college campuses, and theme parks
7. It has a successful track record of making Asian cuisine accessible to the masses
8. Strong following among Asian, Hispanic, and Caucasian diners
9. Leveraged lovable pandas in their name
Panda Express Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Panda Express SWOT Analysis:
1. Restricted to one cuisine thus restricting its customer base 2. Specialty ingredients used in Chinese food might be difficult to source and store
3. Restricted in a few geographies means lower brand recall
Panda Express Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Panda Express SWOT Analysis:
1. There is a large Chinese base in the US leading to huge customer base 2. Venturing into newer markets 3. Introducing more items on its menu
Panda Express Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Panda Express are as mentioned:
1. Managing huge employee base can be an issue 2. Stiff competition from multi cuisine restaurants 3. Presence of strong competitors in the Chinese restaurant segment
Panda Express Competition
Panda Express Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Panda Express:
1. Pei Wei Asian Diner 2. Sarku Japan 3. P.F. Chang’s
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Panda Express. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute