Noodles & Company SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Noodles & Company analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Noodles & Company SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Noodles & Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Noodles & Company is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Noodles & Company SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Noodles & Company SWOT Analysis:
For Noodles & Company, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Noodles & Company Strengths
The strengths of Noodles & Company looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Noodles & Company :
1. High Brand Recognition Named Top Ten “Best Loved” Brands NBCNews
2. Strong Marketing Strategy - mainly outdoor ads like billboardslong with radio, digital media and news sites.
3. Uniquely positioned noodles brand within rapidly growing Fast-Casual segment
4. High Emphasis on global cuisine – recipes imported from several countries
5. Strong Presence - The company has 300+ locations across USA
6. 7000+ people are employed with the brand
Noodles & Company Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Noodles & Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Fewer locations than competitors
2. Conformity among franchises has proven to be somewhat of a glitch for the company
Noodles & Company Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Noodles & Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand into markets on East & West Coasts supported by strong numbers of revenue growth
2. Growth in the fast casual industry as a dining concept
3. Increase Loyalty program incentives and customer engagement activities
4. More marketing and branding activities to boost brand image
Noodles & Company Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Noodles & Company are as mentioned:
1. Competition from a highly crowded market space with sandwiches pizzas and burritos
2. Threat due to economic conditions – price instability
3. Intense competition and higher costs of operations
Noodles & Company Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Noodles & Company:
1. P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.
Hence this concludes the Noodles & Company SWOT analysis.
Young , Urban , Working adults & students – looking for quick service, value for money food
“Fast casual” along with being healthy and offering great value for money
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Noodles & Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute