Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tim Hortons analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tim Hortons SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tim Hortons to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tim Hortons is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Tim Hortons SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Tim Hortons competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Children and Youth from middle and upper middle class
To serve customers delicious items at an amazing value
SWOT Analysis of Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tim Hortons:
1. It is Canada's largest fastfood service with over 100,000 employees
2. It had 4,500+ restaurants in Canada, 800 in the United States
3. It was founded in 1964 and has enjoyed a strong brand image
4. Tim Hortons commands majority of the Canadian market for baked goods and holds major of the Canadian coffee market 5. It has been purchased by Burger King in this August 2014 and they now are the third-largest operator of fast food restaurants in the world
6. Nutritional information on most of its menu items is made available by the company in a two-page brochure and is available online
7. CanadianBusiness magazine has twice named Tim Hortons as the best-managed brand in Canada
8. It also promotes itself through the Tim Horton Children's Foundation
Tim Hortons Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Tim Hortons SWOT Analysis:
1. It announced closing many stores in the north eastern US due to high competition
2. According to the blog Coffee and Conversation, "Tim Hortons does not sell organic coffee, does not sell Fair trade coffee, and does not disclose the source of its green beans" 3. Does not cater to the health conscious segment
Tim Hortons Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Tim Hortons SWOT Analysis:
1. Venture into newer markets 2. Introduce more options on its menu
3. The brand can leverage its existing image and increase its popularity through marketing exercises
Tim Hortons Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tim Hortons are as mentioned:
1. Growing Health conscious segment
2. Presence of strong competitors in this segment
3. Increasing competition and higher costs of raw materials
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tim Hortons. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute