Cracker Barrel Old Country Store SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cracker Barrel Old Country Store SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cracker Barrel Old Country Store to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store SWOT Analysis:
For Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Strengths
The strengths of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store :
1. Easy attraction towards families who wish to shop and dine at the same day 2. Presence of an ‘online shopping’ option 3. Extensive advertising enabling creation of high brand equity 4. Serving more than 600+ locations with 70000+ employees
5. Providing a rich musical and fun experience for the people shopping and dining
6. Separate Lunch and Dinner menus along with separate menu for kids
7. CSR activities as seen in the establishment of ‘Cracker Barrel Foundation’ in the field of education, HR, cultural affairs and environment
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store SWOT Analysis:
1. Presence limited to US and no global reach compared to global leaders 2. Surrounded by controversies towards discrimination in the past leading to dilution of brand equity 3. No online ordering facility available for the restaurant
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cracker Barrel Old Country Store SWOT Analysis:
1. Establishment of kids’ fun area to attract more families 2. Enabling order online facility for restaurants to increase the restaurants’ brand equity 3. Expansion of menu covering the northern-theme to increase market share
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store are as mentioned:
1. Increase in online shopping through e-commerce sites 2. Restaurants that provide both northern and southern theme food 3. People moving away from fast food
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store:
Provision of restaurant and store at the same location
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store STP
People going for a shopping night out and complimenting it with dinner
Middle class and upper class families
Shopping and Dining together
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute