Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Waffle House analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Waffle House SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Waffle House to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Waffle House is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Waffle House SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Waffle House SWOT Analysis:
For Waffle House, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Waffle House Strengths
The strengths of Waffle House looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Waffle House :
1. Unique attraction - The chain's restaurants almost always have a jukebox which plays 45 rpm singles - songs about Waffle House and its food
2. High brand recognition through alternative media streams - It has inspired country songs, comedy routines, loving editorials, a scene in the movie Tin Cup, even Web sites and Internet newsgroups that breathlessly post late-breaking developments.
3. High Customer Loyalty - Regular customers speak of its employees, its customs, and its food with near reverence.
4. Towering Presence - with more than 2,000+ locations across states in the United States.
5. Typically free-standing and open 24 hours a day.
Waffle House Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Waffle House SWOT Analysis:
1. No Advertising Spend and lacks a well developed marketing strategy
2. The brand is restricted to US with limited international brand recall compared to global food chains
Waffle House Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Waffle House SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovation on the menu front to include healthy food options for the weight - watchers
2. Offer services such as online ordering and home delivery to increase convenience for customers
3. Expanding the brand to global destinations and especially the emerging economies
Waffle House Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Waffle House are as mentioned:
1. Franchise model – makes it difficult to implement strict quality control and standardization practices
2. Increasing costs of operations means lower margins
3. Competitors expanding its presence can reduce the market share
Waffle House Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Waffle House:
1. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc
2. DineEquity, Inc.
3. Denny’s Corporation
Hence this concludes the Waffle House SWOT analysis.
Combines speed of fast food with table service with around-the-clock availability
Waffle House STP
Food and beverages for Adults, Youth & Kids, Families
Working Adults , Students who who have hectic schedules and prefer quick service food options
low-rent roadside cafe featuring waffles
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Waffle House. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute