Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Red Lobster analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Red Lobster SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Red Lobster to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Red Lobster is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Red Lobster SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Red Lobster competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Red Lobster:
1. Strong Brand Recognition in the US 2. Synergies with other Darden restaurants such as Olive Garden 3. Loyal customers and good customer retention 4. Strong management
5. The brand has its presence at over 700 locations
6. Strong legacy since its inception in 1968
Red Lobster Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Red Lobster SWOT Analysis:
1. Low market share as compared to prominent global food chains 2. Limited geographic presence as it is not present internationally
Red Lobster Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Red Lobster SWOT Analysis:
1. Worldwide expansion to increase its reach 2. Innovation with dishes 3. Acquisitions of smaller chains can help expand the brand
4. Reduce costs through improved operations
Red Lobster Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Red Lobster are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition within restaurant business 2. Changes in lifestyle and consuming habits 3. Scarcity of exclusive raw materials
4. Increasing labor costs
Red Lobster Competition
Red Lobster Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Red Lobster:
1. Landry’s Crab shack 2. Long John Silvers
3. Captain D’s Seafood
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Red Lobster. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute