California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of California Pizza Kitchen analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like California Pizza Kitchen to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. California Pizza Kitchen is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the California Pizza Kitchen SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis:
For California Pizza Kitchen, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
California Pizza Kitchen Strengths
The strengths of California Pizza Kitchen looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of California Pizza Kitchen :
1. Innovative & non-traditional pizzas. For ex – The original BBQ chicken pizza was introduced by CPK 2. Competitive prices. It doesn’t have to offer discounts to increase sales even during recession 3. Recent tie up with Kraft foods to distribute a line of frozen pizzas 4. Variety of ways in which its distributed & marketed. Strong distribution networks including franchisee concepts designed for airports , universities , stadiums , supermarkets & even catering
5. Healthy balance sheet, high margin revenue. Reduction in long term debt
6. High brand resonance, high in consumer & community engagement activities. It has official partnerships with different NGOs
7. High in quality. It has partnered with gluten free food service certification program
8. Close to 15,000 employees in over 15 countries
California Pizza Kitchen Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of geographical diversification. Most of the company operated stores are located within California 2. Bad acquisitions in past
California Pizza Kitchen Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase number of franchises for good margins & returns 2. Increase number of outlets in other geographies 3. Market more varieties of premium frozen pizzas
4. Can leverage its tie up with Kraft & promote other products too
5. More formats of restaurants ex – quick service restaurants in college & other potential markets , catering
California Pizza Kitchen Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of California Pizza Kitchen are as mentioned:
1. Profits greatly depend on Krafts relations with CPK 2. Increase in number of competitors with similar value proposition 3. Increase in food regulation standards
4. Seasonality. To drive restaurant sales one has to continuously innovate & offer new exciting products
California Pizza Kitchen Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of California Pizza Kitchen:
1. Cheesecake factory 2. Brinker International Inc 3. PF Chang’s China Bistro Inc
it all begins with imagination and ends with unforgettable flavours’
Innovative & non-traditional hand tossed pizzas
California Pizza Kitchen STP
People who love pizzas & casual dining out
Family , kids , youth , elders
Polished casual dining restaurant with specialization in California style pizza
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to California Pizza Kitchen. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute