California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of California Pizza Kitchen analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like California Pizza Kitchen to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. California Pizza Kitchen is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the California Pizza Kitchen SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top California Pizza Kitchen competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
it all begins with imagination and ends with unforgettable flavours’
Innovative & non-traditional hand tossed pizzas
California Pizza Kitchen STP
People who love pizzas & casual dining out
Family , kids , youth , elders
Polished casual dining restaurant with specialization in California style pizza
SWOT Analysis of California Pizza Kitchen
California Pizza Kitchen Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of California Pizza Kitchen:
1. Innovative & non-traditional pizzas. For ex – The original BBQ chicken pizza was introduced by CPK 2. Competitive prices. It doesn’t have to offer discounts to increase sales even during recession 3. Recent tie up with Kraft foods to distribute a line of frozen pizzas 4. Variety of ways in which its distributed & marketed. Strong distribution networks including franchisee concepts designed for airports , universities , stadiums , supermarkets & even catering
5. Healthy balance sheet, high margin revenue. Reduction in long term debt
6. High brand resonance, high in consumer & community engagement activities. It has official partnerships with different NGOs
7. High in quality. It has partnered with gluten free food service certification program
8. Close to 15,000 employees in over 15 countries
California Pizza Kitchen Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of geographical diversification. Most of the company operated stores are located within California 2. Bad acquisitions in past
California Pizza Kitchen Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in California Pizza Kitchen SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase number of franchises for good margins & returns 2. Increase number of outlets in other geographies 3. Market more varieties of premium frozen pizzas
4. Can leverage its tie up with Kraft & promote other products too
5. More formats of restaurants ex – quick service restaurants in college & other potential markets , catering
California Pizza Kitchen Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of California Pizza Kitchen are as mentioned:
1. Profits greatly depend on Krafts relations with CPK 2. Increase in number of competitors with similar value proposition 3. Increase in food regulation standards
4. Seasonality. To drive restaurant sales one has to continuously innovate & offer new exciting products
California Pizza Kitchen Competition
California Pizza Kitchen Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of California Pizza Kitchen:
1. Cheesecake factory 2. Brinker International Inc 3. PF Chang’s China Bistro Inc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to California Pizza Kitchen. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute