Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Wrigley's analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Wrigley's SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Wrigley's to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Wrigley's is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Wrigley's competitors and includes Wrigley's target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Young adults, ages 18 to 24, who want to invest in their dental hygiene and enjoy the simple pleasure of chewing gum
Tasty and hygienic chewing gum
Wrigley's SWOT Analysis
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Wrigley's:
1. Pioneer in chewing gum sector 2. Attractive packaging 3. Wrigley products have a good quality perception
4. Good distribution and availability of the product
5. Strong brand name of the parent company adds value
6. Presence across 180 countries make it a popular brand
7. Over 15,000 people are employed in the company
8. Strong parent company means good availability and presence
Here are the weaknesses in the Wrigley's SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth
2. Switching cost is low which means low brand loyalty
Following are the Opportunities in Wrigley's SWOT Analysis:
1. Try more of non-traditional marketing procedures like center fresh
2. Chewing gum with ayurvedic content and formulation, eg: with herbs that improve the health of oral cavity.
3. More advertising and marketing campaigns can boost the business
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Wrigley's are as mentioned:
1. Too many smaller and local players coming up with their products 2. Complementary offers don’t really work as much as they did earlier
Below are the top 3 Wrigley's competitors:
1. Hershey’s company
2. Mondelez Foods
3. Perfetti Melle
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Wrigley's. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute