Cold Stone Creamery SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cold Stone Creamery analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cold Stone Creamery SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cold Stone Creamery to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cold Stone Creamery is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Cold Stone Creamery SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Cold Stone Creamery competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
true to the chain's name, the ice cream is blended with those ingredients on a cold stone slab, offers a menu of premium ice cream treats
Cold Stone Creamery STP
People who love Ice creams
Family , kids , youth , elders
American-based ice cream parlor chain
SWOT Analysis of Cold Stone Creamery
Cold Stone Creamery Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cold Stone Creamery:
1. Cold Stone Creamery is a leading franchisor of premium ice cream parlors with a chain of more than 1,500 locations in about 25 countries
2. Strong social media following
3. Customized menu and super premium ice cream
4. Variety of mix-ins available for customers
5. Co-branding Canadian coffee shop Tim Hortons & opened up 100 co-branded stores in USA .This strategic alliance allowed Cold stone to open stores in USA
6. It has also entered in partnership with Kraft foods & Jell-o brands. 7. All ice cream is made in house using natural ingredients and waffle cones and bowls are baked daily
Cold Stone Creamery Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Cold Stone Creamery SWOT Analysis:
1. There have been allegations by independent franchises that Cold Stone's business practices have put them at a competitive disadvantage. 2. Intense competition means limited market share and low margins
Cold Stone Creamery Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Cold Stone Creamery SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase number of franchises for good margins & returns 2. Increase number of outlets in other geographies
Cold Stone Creamery Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cold Stone Creamery are as mentioned:
1. Increase in number of competitors with similar value proposition 2. Increase in food regulation standards
3. Seasonality - To drive restaurant sales one has to continuously innovate & offer new exciting products
Cold Stone Creamery Competition
Cold Stone Creamery Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Cold Stone Creamery:
1. Ben & Jerry
2. International Dairy Queen
3. Dunkin brand group
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cold Stone Creamery. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute