Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Horlicks analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Horlicks SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Horlicks to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Horlicks is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Horlicks SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Horlicks SWOT Analysis:
For Horlicks, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Horlicks looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Horlicks :
1. Horlicks has got a strong backing of parent company GSK Consumer
2. UK, India, Hong Kong, Australia etc are some places where Horlicks is supplied
3. Horlicks has many variants i.e. class malt, chocolate, kesar badam, elaichi etc
4. Strong branding & promotion have increased brand awareness of Horlicks
5. Excellent distribution network means Horlicks can be purchased from supermarkets, grocery stores etc.
6. Online presence has encouraged people to buy it
7. Horlicks has products for growing kids, mothers & women
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Horlicks SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share owing to strong competition in the sector
2. Horlicks is not as widely available globally as compared to its global competitors
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Horlicks SWOT Analysis:
1. Horlicks can increase its presence in Europe & Americas
2. Different packaging styles can help increase sales of Horlicks
3. Diversifying into health snacks can also help the brand catch the market
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Horlicks are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition can reduce market share of the brand
2. Alternate health drinks can decrease the sales of Horlicks in the future
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Horlicks:
Taller, stronger, sharper; Everyday growth everyday Horlicks; The Great Family Nourisher
Horlicks is available for toddlers, growing kids, women and mothers
People looking for a healthy drink with milk
Urban kids and families from the middle & upper class
Malted milk hot drink
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Horlicks. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute