Horlicks SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Horlicks, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Horlicks is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Horlicks SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Horlicks looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Horlicks :
1. Horlicks has got a strong backing of parent company GSK Consumer
2. UK, India, Hong Kong, Australia etc are some places where Horlicks is supplied
3. Horlicks has many variants i.e. class malt, chocolate, kesar badam, elaichi etc
4. Strong branding & promotion have increased brand awareness of Horlicks
5. Excellent distribution network means Horlicks can be purchased from supermarkets, grocery stores etc.
6. Online presence has encouraged people to buy it
7. Horlicks has products for growing kids, mothers & women
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Horlicks SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share owing to strong competition in the sector
2. Horlicks is not as widely available globally as compared to its global competitors
Read more about Horlicks
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Horlicks SWOT Analysis:
1. Horlicks can increase its presence in Europe & Americas
2. Different packaging styles can help increase sales of Horlicks
3. Diversifying into health snacks can also help the brand catch the market
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Horlicks are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition can reduce market share of the brand
2. Alternate health drinks can decrease the sales of Horlicks in the future
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Horlicks SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Taller, stronger, sharper; Everyday growth everyday Horlicks; The Great Family Nourisher
Horlicks is available for toddlers, growing kids, women and mothers
People looking for a healthy drink with milk
Urban kids and families from the middle & upper class
Malted milk hot drink
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Horlicks. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us