Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ingredion Incorporated analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ingredion Incorporated SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ingredion Incorporated to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ingredion Incorporated is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Ingredion Incorporated SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Ingredion Incorporated SWOT Analysis:
For Ingredion Incorporated, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Ingredion Incorporated Strengths
The strengths of Ingredion Incorporated looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ingredion Incorporated :
1. Global network of manufacturing facilities, ingredient development centers and sales offices in 40 countries with over 11,000 employees& a strong balance sheet and cash flow generation 2. Leading global ingredient provider to food, beverage, brewing, pharmaceutical and industrial customers around the world with diversified geographic position, product portfolio and end markets 3. Deep local knowledge with local managers in combination with long-term view and approach 4. Strong risk management practices across its businesses
5. Diverse operations and a strong global presence
Ingredion Incorporated Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ingredion Incorporated SWOT Analysis:
1. Changing consumption preferences including those relating to high fructose corn syrup 2. Higher energy and raw material prices are negatively impacting production costs in the ingredients industry.
3. There is a reduced demand for products with synthetics in colors, flavor enhancers, preservatives, anti-oxidants and also artificial sweeteners.
Ingredion Incorporated Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ingredion Incorporated SWOT Analysis:
1. Tapping potential of growth in key categories such as carbonated soft drinks, brewing, global prepared meals, confectionary, ice cream, yogurt, sauces and dressings &soups 2.Moving toward greater global collaboration to increase overall efficiency and effectiveness 3.Focusing on new products, new technologies and customer solutions
Ingredion Incorporated Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ingredion Incorporated are as mentioned:
1. Fluctuations in prices of fuels and energy products can have adverse effects on the company’s production costs and profitability
2. Markets within which it operates are highly competitive
3. Vulnerable to development of new substitution products
Ingredion Incorporated Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Ingredion Incorporated:
With over 100 years of experience supplying the world with innovative ingredient solutions, they are a vital part of everyday life – in thousands of ways; from baked goods to corrugated board, beverages to lotions, its ingredients are in products that people around the world use every day
Ingredion Incorporated STP
Business Segments: Food and Beverage Sweeteners, Food and Beverage Starches, Health & Nutrition, Personal Care, Green Solutions
Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Animal Nutrition and Co-Products
Food, beverage, brewing, pharmaceutical and numerous industrial sectors around the world
Committed to supplying customers with quality, innovative ingredient solutions that are on-trend and in demand
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ingredion Incorporated. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute